Copyrights @ Journal 2014 - Designed By Templateism - Published By Gooyaabi Templates - SEO Plugin by MyBloggerLab

...

...
Scroll Down

Nov 9, 2014

Got Exhibited On Artspace, Indonesian Youth Conference 2014

I was informed about art exhibition submission by my friend who has interest in art too. She sent me the link that directed me to the site of the program. It was Sinergi Muda : Indonesian Youth Conference 2014. The exhibition is called Artspace 2014. There were lots of workshops with well-known dude as the speaker. I did scan reading and soon not bother to think further about it. I rushed and followed the instruction. This whole program talks about dream, so they wanted relevant artwork about it. I was searching around the house and scan over my amateur wall gallery, trying to find one with closest relation to the context of dream. I found one.

They asked for narration. I put all of the words my best to embrace both ideas of what the message was actually meant and fit them into what the requirements are. My artwork was made delivering the message of love spreading, and they ask for dream. It was not really difficult to meet them in some point. In fact, they have really close connection.

I sent my CV and artwork preview form.

I was at first wondering why did not i get any reply for more than a week. Being rational enough to consider how the program seem professionally packed, I thought I was not accepted, . So i put away the expectation and naturally forget it.

Then one day, I got congratulated on message and email, stating that my artwork is chosen to be exhibited on 8 November 2014. I did not notice how special it was until a day later. -_-

We went there late, for i had another agenda held at the noon. We came 2 hours before the artwork needed to be taken off. We went up\to the upper room where it was held.

When we arrived, we burst into laugh once we saw mine hanging right between the professional well made artworks. You look like a brave kiddie standing between the pro biggie!


.My camera ran out of battery so i did not bring it. I did not snap nice picture and it was only few aswell because it was not even my phone that I was using. (Mine was broken)

here is a closer view.


moral message is this :

 1. do the work as best as you can like it is for the last time

2.  wash away all of the expectations of what and where it can get you.

3. Charge the batteries.




Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what crosses your head :D